Monday, October 5, 2009

My 60th Birthday


Dearest Family Members!

I notice that it’s been a while that we have a posting in our family blog. So, may I take the opportunity to provide a belated message that comes from the bottom of my heart!

Sep 6 2009 must be, in my calendar, one of the most memorable and happiest occasions in my life. It was just simply superb to have all my loved ones not only to provide me with a surprise 60th Birthday Party but also to shower me with so many wonderful gifts.

To each and every one of you, including Jason & Tammy who were not able to be present, I say a BIG THANK YOU! Thanks also go to Chun, Ariel & Melissa for your good wishes! I am also very pleased to have my beloved cousin Jimmy and his family join us on that day and I also thank them for their blessings and gifts.

To all my sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, I thank you for your friendship all these years. I truly enjoy the many moments of our relationship whether it is during the course of our travel together or during the many joyful occasions that we had gathered as a family. Jen and I thank you for sharing your children with us. Their companionship has continuously provided us the love that we both value very much.

To my brother, Victor and sister, Lucy – thanks a lot for the gift. I truly love you both very much and thank you for being there for me all this time. Though our mother has gone home to be with the Lord for over 7 yrs now, I have never lost sight of the need for us to continue to stay in touch though our work and other family commitments may sometimes make this not possible. Nonetheless, I know our thoughts will continue to be for one other.

To all my nieces & nephews – Of course, thanks also to you for your gifts and especially for your continuous love, care and concern. I am deeply proud of each and every one of you and your achievements, be it in your studies, working life or having your own family. I am truly glad to have you guys spend so many happy moments of my life with me. In your own ways, you have each provided me true happiness and it is always a joy to have your company. Who says that, life without children of your own true-blood, is destined to be both dull and sad and not a complete “family”. Well, you guys have proven this wrong. For, you are all like children of our own blood and Aunty Jen & I are both very happy and we feel complete, having you all as a family.

My dearest God-daughter Tracy & God-son Edwin – Godma and I have been blessed so much. We thank God for you both and we are deeply grateful to your Mummy and Daddy to allow us to share you with them. You have both provided us so much love and happiness and we sincerely hope that, like, your other older cousins, you will also excel in your studies and do well in your future. We truly love you both from the bottom of our hearts.

To my darling Lau Por – what can I say? I am extremely grateful to you for being there all this time to share our lives together as well as to provide the support through your constant love and attention and to being a constant companion & true friend. You are SIMPLY THE BEST!!! I look forward to spend many many more years with you and together with all our dearest beloved ones.

FOR ALL OF THESE AND WONDERFUL THINGS IN MY LIFE, I THANK GOD MOST OF ALL! IT IS JUST WORTH IT, HAVING CARRIED A FEW CROSSES IN MY LIFE. KNOWING THAT THERE MAY BE MANY MORE TO COME, I HAVE EVERY CONFIDENCE OF OVER-COMING THEM WITH PRAYERS AND CONTINUED LOVE AND SUPPORT OF SUCH A WONDERFUL FAMILY!!

Love always
Colin

1 comments:

Tracy October 7, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Awww... so sweet =)
I love you too!