Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Hello Family!

So I'm posting 2 posts in one day. But thats because the previous posts was already in my drafts, I just never got round to publishing it.

Before I go on any further, I would like to say Happy Chinese New Year to my beloved family members, big and small! May you be healthy, prosperous, succcesful in everything you do this year! May you be blessed with happiness with each passing day! Even though im far away from you all, please know im thinking of all of you all the way from Kenya! This will be my first time celebrating CNY away from you guys and I feel lost! Truly...

I keep searching for some familiarity here in Nairobi so what I did was host a CNY party at my place and invited friends over. And to inject some CNY in this party, this is what I did:


  • I made all of them wear Red/ Pink or Purple

  • I made them all bring 2 oranges to the house.

  • I cooked Ba Kut Teh and Tao Yu Bak with Heng hua Mee Sua (What I always eat at my grandma's house).

  • I prepared a madeshift "Lo-hei" with smoked salmon and introduced this concept to them.

  • I persuaded my friends to cook auspicious food like fish, duck and vegetables so I would have 8 dishes altogether (a very lucky number of dishes).

Muahaha.. All in all, we had a very good dinner, I even brought out some old games the family used to play on Christmas that was tucked away on my laptop. Everyone had fun and we ended the night with Karoke!


Well, I still feel i'm missing more celebrations but who knows, maybe within the 15 days of chinese new year, I might do another crazy party again!


Missing all of you,


Cheers,


Stace

0 comments: