Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cool huh

So.... i've been going to the gym regularly, at least twice a week and each time its about 2 hours long.... but i've also still been putting on weight around my face. Don't ask me why, everyone says I've gotten chubbier on the face but I still feel my body looks the same. :(

Well, thats not the point of the post today... although it is the reason why I have developed a habit to smack my face many times throughout the day hoping that the force can reduce and tighten this baby fat away. But maybe all its doing, is just make my face even more swollen... hmmm, its a mystery.

Anyway, so I go to the gym at a nearby hotel. Love the equipments, they have this treadmill that you can watch TV from, AND it even has an iphone dock to charge your phone, play your music and record your workout! I absolutely love it!. I also love the other things they have like a good area for doing sets and lay out the exercise mat, female size rubber dumbells that are easy to use and exercise balls of varying sizes to practice stability and exercise your core muscles! It is a very lovely gym indeed. More so is the shower room which comes with this amazing steam room (eucalyptus scent each time) and a nice big open area to change and relax. Each time i go to the gym, i pay 1500Ksh, which is equivalent to almost 20 singapore dollars.

Its been about 6 months since i started using the gym regularly and my routine is really standard. Run for 45 minutes, do weights, sets, exercise balls, dumbells for another 45. Steam and relax for the next 3o minutes. I always come out of the gym looking like a lobster with my red glowing skin and wet hair. I go after work around 7.00pm and stay till 9.00pm most of the time skipping dinner or just having a small bite at home after. Yes, i also wonder why i dont lose weight or why my face is still round like a watermelon. But i think its because those days that i do not go to the gym, im having Pasta, Oily chinese food and drinking lotsa wine and beer every time.

My friends who go to the gym with me always laugh when they see me work out... this is how they describe it.. "there are 6 treadmills lined up next to each other in a row, on it are...Big black guy, big black guy, big black guy, oops small chinese stacey, big black guy, big black guy. Hahahaha". Alamak, i guess i do stand out in this gym.

So... interestingly enough.. all of you know that I always go and get coffee in the morning at this coffee place near my house. One morning, i was grabbing my coffee as usual and a white guy sits down opposite me.

This is the conversation:
Him: "Hi! you always go to the gym at crowne hotel right?"
Me: "Hi, yes i do. Do you go there too?
Him: "Yes! I always see you around"
Me: "Really?"
Him: "You always go on to the treadmill! and you always have your earphones plugged in"
Me: "I do!"
Him: "So what are you doing here in Nairobi"
Me: "I work here..." (and then a few more minutes of idle chat around where do I come from, where does he come from, what do I do for a living, what does he do for a living, introduce our names...")
Him: "So i'll see you at the gym tonight then?"
Me: "Sure, im going there tonight'
...
Then we meet in the gym and chatted for awhile
Me: "So where do you live"
(He tells me he lives at a place that is really near me)
Me: "Oh great! Can you give me a ride home later"
Him: "Sure!'
(When we get into the car...)
Him: "Hey have you had your dinner?"
Me: "Nope, i wasnt intending to eat tonight"
Him: "That won't do. You are coming dinner with me tonight"
(Off we went for dinner in town)

Haha, cool huh.

1 comments:

Anonymous February 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.