Alright, so nowadays I'm extremely hooked on to the BIGGEST LOSER. Watching it everyday at 8.00p.m on DIVA universal. I always feel guilty, inspired, motivated and touched evertime I watch it... It always say the same thing... COUNT YOUR CALORIES, EXERCISE, NO EXCUSES
In the last season that I watched, the contestants in week 1 went to see the doctor who checked their health. In week 3, they went back again... because of their healthy diet and exercise IN JUST 3 WEEKS... One guy who was taking 8 different medications per day no longer needs them. Another who was taking 10 pills a day plus insulin, is now down to only one with a reduced level of insulin. This reduction in medicine will save the first guy a projected US$7330,000 over his lifetime and the second guy US$20,000 per year.
If anyone is not awed by this statistics, I surely am. What a way to bring across a message that the benefit of simple exercise and diet can be translated to dollars and cents. To top it off, the newspaper which showed TOP 100 APPS to download in your iphone has many free apps advertised to help count your calories.
I immediately downloaded this APP - HPB Diet Tracker. This is absolutely amazing which shows how many calories you have consumed for the day based on singaporean food from the Health Promotion Board. It's really quite extensive - Chicken rice, Ba kut teh, Chee Cheong Fun.. even Ang Ku Kueh is there.
Basically, you key in your particulars and they estimate how many calories you should take in daily (mine is 2000). So if you want to maintain - intake should be 2000 Cal. If you want to lose- minus 500 Cal less. If you want to put on - intake exceeds your required daily amount. Then the app allows you to track everyday, based on the snacks (just tick the food you ate) how much you have eaten and whether you have burst your requirement. If you burst, you just need to exercise that amount till you reduce the intake.
It's brilliant and SO easy.
Here's a snapshot of mine yesterday: (Can you imagine, a Pau is already 300++ calories! That's the same as a packet of noodle soup!)
So here's my challenge to all of you. Start counting, start exercising. If you do not have an iphone, no excuses. Someone around you will have. I personally volunteer to be your calorie tracker. You can drop me a mail everytime you eat/ drink something and i'll gladly count it for you and tell you.
No excuses. No such thing as "I just want to live life", "enjoy the food" "I dont care" or "too late for me". Some guys on the biggest Loser were well above 60 and have lost from 167 Kg to 87 KG. Let's live life healthily!
I'll be waiting for your emails! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment