Finding that Mr Right =)
I can't believe the wedding day came and went by so quickly!!
Fortunately the wedding pictures taken by uncle TM and video by Uncle Colin helps us to continually re-live the joyous day over and over again.. =)
So far, the hardest transition for me to married life is having to call Chun's parents "mum and dad"... SUPER DIFFICULT....***************
Since I am the big Jie Jie, thought I'll share with the younger cousins lessons I learnt in my journey to finding my Mr Right!
As you know Chun was not my first boyfriend, i had multiple relationships in the past that did not work out. On hindsight, there were many obvious tell-tale signs that those relationship were not right for me:
1) I was not my usual self in front of the guy
2) Lack of conversation topics ('where to go eat' and 'how is the food' are not conversation topics)
3) Constant disagreements early on in the relationship
4) Having totally different preference on what to do on dates
5) Different perspectives on what we would like out of life
On the contrary with Chun, from the day we started dating, everything always felt right - we have never doubted that a life-time together would be our end game. Fundamentally, we realised that this stems from having similar outlook and principals in life..
Of course that is not to say that if you experience any of my tell-tale signs above, your relationship is doomed.. Every relationship is different - but at least with the above, hopefully some of you may notice the pitfalls early on, and avoid the heartaches I went through that comes with falling for the wrong person!
Another great tip from Stacey is that "there are only two categories of things that matter in a relationship - 'can accept/cannot accept' and there preferences. If between a couple, there is any item that one party cannot accept and the other disagrees with, marriage is a "no-go"."
Here's wishing you all the best of luck in your journey to finding your Mr/Mrs Right!! He/She is certainly 'one in a million' (at least!)........ =)
1 comments:
The tip was actually told by my friend who went to the Catholic Engage and Encounter Weekend for couples which talked about issues that were non-negotiables or were preferences.
Coincidentally, Jiang and I have signed up for the couple weekend retreat on the second week of January! So we're extremely excited about it because going for it just means crossing yet another important milestone as a couple!
Will keep everyone updated on it when i come back!
Post a Comment